Sunday 27 March 2011

Where I got to last time

Ok so the last time I tried making an Annecy inspired scene this is where I got to. Looking back on it now I'm not sure if I even like the composition. I still have the old scene files for it if you want to try and plunder any of it but it might be a good idea to use it as a basis but maybe have a look at some other photos and see how they would compose a scene similar to this. I've also included some other angles I thought might have been intresting. Theres maybe just something not quite right about it. Any thoughts?






2 comments:

  1. I dunno I quite like it. Perhaps if we swing the camera round to the other side like in this photo:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/d4ng3rmoose/5512991167/in/set-72157622651305772/

    I could probably come up with some good camera angles if I had the scene file. Definetly a lot of good work already done though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason I wasn't too happy with it is that if you are having a river or diagonal line of interest going through the scene it should lead the views eye to something interesting and at this point it doesn't settle on any central focus.

    Swinging it around a bit so you can see more of the shops and cafes along the river side like in the photo might work better. It'll give a person something to scan along as they follow the path of the river. We should have something in the foreground though just to help create a bit of depth. Having that many shop front should be interesting to do though. Lots of modeling of props and stuff which I am happy to do. More modeling and texturing practice I get the better.

    I do still have the scene so I can send it to you if you have maya installed. I still need to do the same as well. We can use this scene just to block stuff out and then do what you said and create each prop in a seperate scene and then reference it into the scene.

    ReplyDelete